WI CAN Educational Series
The WI CAN Educational Series consists of statewide, web-based lectures and case-based discussions on various topics related to child maltreatment delivered and led by subject matter experts. The target audience consists of physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, other allied health professionals, law enforcement officials, social workers and attorneys. The goal of the educational series is to improve the recognition of child maltreatment and management of cases when child maltreatment is a concern. Webinars are held on the third Friday of each month.
- Improve detection of child maltreatment.
- Understand the health care provider’s role in reporting and evaluating children suspected of being maltreated.
- Appropriately consider other conditions that could be mistaken for child maltreatment.
View a live webinar session
Live WI CAN webinars are broadcast using GoToWebinar. GoToWebinar allows you to view the presenter’s slideshow on your computer and listen to the presenter by phone or using your computer speakers. The GoToWebinar series lasts from January to December. Each calendar year you will need to register for the new series.To register for the 2020 series (Once each calendar year)
- Click the registration link and follow the on-screen instructions. You will receive a confirmation email from GoToWebinar after you register.
- You will receive a reminder email from GoToWebinar 1 day and again 1 hour before each session.
- If you do not plan to attend, just ignore the reminders. Do not cancel your registration.
- To join the live webinar, click the Join Webinar button in the reminder email.
For help with viewing live webinars or using GoToWebinar, please submit a question to our team.
Claim continuing education credits for webinars
The WI CAN Educational Series offers continuing education credits through the Office of Continuing and Professional Education (OCPE) at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Each person wanting to claim credits must create an account with OCPE.Create your account (One time only)
- Go to https://ocpe.mcw.edu/.
- Click “create account” in the upper right corner.
- Fill in the requested information. Items marked with * are required.
- At the bottom of the form, click Create New Account.
- On the My Account page, click the Edit tab and then click Mobile.
- Enter your cell phone number. (You will use your cell phone to report your attendance.)
- Click Confirm Number. You will receive a confirmation code via text message.
- Each session has a unique SMS code.
- Report your attendance by texting that unique code to 414-206-1776.
- The code will be displayed at the end of each session.
- You may report your attendance any time after 12:30pm.
- Go to https://ocpe.mcw.edu/wi-can-educational-series-2020 and login.
- Scroll down and choose the session title.
- Click Take Course to enroll.
- Click Evaluation and then Start.
- After completing the evaluation, you will get a message confirming your submission.
- To print a certificate, click Certificate and then Download.
WI CAN has numerous recordings on its on-demand webinars page.
Continuing education credits are available for one year following the original broadcast date. Availability of CE credit is noted next to each on-demand recording.
Please Note: Per the Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners, attorneys do not qualify for continuing legal education for viewing recorded presentations.View and claim credit for on-demand webinars
- To watch the video, click either the title or the thumbnail.
- Click the handout link to view or download the PDF.
- If continuing education credits are available, click on the Claim Credit link.
- Click Login and enter your user name and password if you already have an account. Click Register or Create Account if you do not yet have an account.
- On the Register tab, enter the access code provided in the video and click Unlock.
- Click on Take Course.
- Click the Evaluation radio button and then Start.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the evaluation.
If you need assistance with on-demand webinars, please submit a question to our team.Statements regarding Eligibility for Continuing Education Credits
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education to physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this enduring material a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Nursing Contact Hours
Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Nurses who successfully complete each monthly activity will receive 1.0 nursing contact hours. Nurses who successfully complete each quarterly activity will receive 2.0 nursing contact hours.
Attorney Legal Credits – Not Available for On-Demand Webinars
Social Workers: WI CAN webinars are approved as Category I continuing medical education hours, which can count towards continuing education hours for social workers.